Monday, September 28, 2015

32 weeks

It is crunch time! I have two weeks off and plan to make the most of them!

Cason weighs about 3 3/4 lbs and is the size of a jicama... whatever that is! 

Day 1- I ironed and put the crib skirt on, washed all the baby clothes in fragrance free detergent and re-hung them in the closet. 

Look at all of those clothes?!? Lucky boy (and parents). 

I also framed the $2 deer print I found at a thrift store. Ian wanted some outdoorsy things in Cason's room, like duck pictures and deer... If he had a deer head to put in there, I'm sure there would be one. So I found a deer print that I liked. I don't have a picture of it right now but will take one at some point. 

I also scheduled a class and hospital tour for us :)  

Day 2- I made thank you bags for the staff that take care of us when we go to the hospital. Of course I saw the idea on Pinterest, but thought it was such a sweet gesture. Everyone loves to feel appreciated from time to time... and being that I work in a setting where that appreciation is rarely expressed, I understand the importance and value, even if it is something small. 

Day 3- I went and ate lunch with my step-grandma, Pat. We went to Olive Garden and it was so delicious! It was great to spend some time with her! 

Day 4- I had lunch with my best friend Karleigh. Always SO great to catch up with her. She was like the paparazzi as soon as I stepped out of the car. She started snapping pictures of my belly... haha just like her dad. 

Day 5- I got to pick Ian up from the airport!!! Now, the challenge was staying awake until 11:30 when their flight got in! That was WAY past my bedtime. But I managed to do it and picked them up in the beginnings of the hurricane- wind and pouring rain! 

Day 6- We went to breastfeeding class... poor Ian got dragged along with me. But it was very informative! 

Day 7- We went and took a tour of the hospital so we would know where to go when I'm in labor, what the labor and delivery rooms look like, etc. Seeing the rooms made me a little nervous... made it feel real! We do not have much time left!



 

2 comments:

House in the Heights said...

Wow, you're really keeping busy! Good for you! By 32 weeks, I was so tired I could barely function, let alone socialize!! That's awesome. Won't be long!

Mrs. Crane said...

You also were growing TWO babies instead of one!! That's got to have something to do with it! :) however, I will say that this week the exhaustion has started to hit me hard by the end of the day!