Wednesday, September 2, 2015

28 weeks

This was a busy, busy week! Thankfully it was a long weekend, but we had a lot to squeeze in! 

I've been swelling up a lot in the ankles this week. It's really cute... not. Not only is it unattractive but it is quite uncomfortable! Some days are worse than others but thankfully it goes away each night for the most part. Just to start all over in the morning! 

At our last appointment, I passed my one hour gestational diabetes test!!! My blood sugar had to be under 135 and it was 127! The orange glucose drink they gave me was not as bad as I had read about... maybe birth will be the same way, hahaha. 

The babe is measuring just right, although me stepping up on the scale is a different story. A little terrifying to see those numbers... 

After our appointment, we rushed home and changed clothes so we could go to the Jason Aldean concert! My sweet husband surprised me with tickets :) the weather was a little iffy while we were tailgating and the concert was delayed a little bit. But after we went in, we didn't get rained on and the lightning stopped so that was good! All in all, we had a great time with our neighbors and friends! We got home around 1:00 AM, so it was definitely a late night (and you could tell by looking at my ankles...)

Then, we woke up early to head to Greenville for the football game! We got to see our favorite people ever and they graciously hosted us in their home! We miss them like crazy and wish they would just hurry up and move to Charlotte ;) I'm glad Lindsey took a picture of us all, because I have gotten so bad about that! 


On Labor Day, I took a trip to IKEA with my older sister! I need to stay far away from that store. It makes me want to do so many things! Like spend ridiculous amounts of money, make over rooms, and eat meatballs and cinnamon buns. I got out with only a few things and they were mostly items that I went there in search of, like Cason's high chair! 


I'm aware that we won't need a high chair for a while, but I've had my eye on this one and figured I'd go ahead and get it now. Just as I like things, it is very simple. It is pretty compact and will surely be easy to clean (hooray!). I also got a washable cushion for the inside but didn't take a picture of it. 

I got a new table runner for my fall tablescape... oh, is it not fall yet?? Well you wouldn't know it by stepping foot into our house! I put out all of my decorations this week. And I have plans for acquiring and/or crafting more. I just love fall. Since we will probably put our Christmas stuff up earlier this year with Cason's arrival around Thanksgiving, I needed just a little extra time with my fall decor. 

I found this cute picture frame at Dollar General for $6! That's what started my urge to decorate. 


Woo, what a busy week! I'm exhausted! Can't you tell by this picture? We've got to stop taking these at night when I'm sleepy! 



No comments: