Thursday, March 27, 2014

Spring Door Decor

Although the weather does not reflect the  new season, spring has sprung! The days are getting longer and the weather is, well, unpredictable to say the least. Hopefully it will become more consistent soon. Preferably consistently warm! 

In lieu of the new season, I decided to switch up my door decor. Thanks to one of my favorite websites- Jane.com- I got a great deal on this adorable bunny door hanger. It was only $12.99! The company that makes it (www.unfinishedwoodco.com) typically sells it for a little more but they were running a special through Jane.com. 


Isn't it cute?! As the name states, it arrives unfinished. This leaves the options wide open! I decided to use all supplies I had on hand. I didn't feel like buying anything special for it.

I taped off the monogram in the middle:


Next I spray painted it yellow:


Took off the tape:


Check out those crisp lines! ;) 


I decided to try and stain the monogram in the middle with my old stand-by, Restor-a-Finish:




Then I made a bow-type thing for the ear out of burlap:




There's something about it I'm not 100% satisfied with... is it the stain? I'm not sure. I'm going to have to leave it hanging for a few days before I can decide! I do think that the stained monogram will be difficult to see against our black door... I wasn't really thinking of that when I made it! Oops! I will update the post if I repaint. 

Thanks for reading! 








No comments: