Saturday, November 23, 2013

Vase Update

I bought this big vase a few years ago and it's been hanging around ever since. I haven't loved it... until now. Well... I may have loved it when I bought it but I think I just loved the price- it was $8.99! It just didn't have much personality until now. I bought it at Old Time Pottery-- I am so sad that we don't have one of these in town. I can only go when I go home to visit my family! That may actually be a good thing now that I think about it. 

Here is the before and after:



I spray painted it with flat black spray paint first:




Next, I sprayed some Krylon Looking Glass spray paint onto a Tupperware lid (fancy, right?) and mixed in a little metallic silver spray paint with it. 


I used a q-tip to paint each diamond with the silver mixture.


 Then I let it dry! That was all- quick and easy. And now I love this piece much much more! It has currently found a home on our bathroom shelves:


:)








No comments: