Monday, September 16, 2013

Picture to Chalkboard

I've had this project on my mind for some time now... I've also had all of the supplies I needed. It was just a matter of doing the work! 

My mom gave me this picture a few years ago when she was redecorating. I definitely get my decorating ADD from her. We change our minds a lot and we both shop around our houses and move things around. We used to have this picture in our room in our apartment. But with the new house, I've sort of changed the color scheme of things. I just couldn't get rid of it because I love love love the frame! And big frames like this are expensive!! Here it is:


The hard part of this was the taping. When I say hard, I don't mean difficult. It was just time consuming. After taping around the edges of the frame, I got to spraying it with chalkboard paint! My favorite thing about this paint is how quickly it dried! So perfect for someone as impatient as I am! 


Here it is with the tape removed:


And the final product:


I haven't decided where I'm going to put it. Maybe at the bottom of our stairs that we are currently refinishing? I also haven't decided what I'm going to write on it. I've seen a lot of cute quotes that I like but as usual, I can't make up my mind. I'm also contemplating using a chalk pen rather than chalk to make it look neater. Decisions, decisions! ;)




No comments: